• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hancock pull paddle scraper

gwhammy

How are these to use and maintenance wise? We could use a scraper every now and then but not enough to sink much money in one. More wanting than justifying one. I see them with pto and hydraulic chain drives.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I don't know how you would have one PTO driven without some serious engineering to stop the drive shaft hitting the gooseneck. They were all hydraulic or electric driven elevators including the Michigan which had the drive motor mounted down low with a drive shaft up to the sprockets. Having a hydraulic pump driven off the PTO could work through.

gwhammy

I thought I had seen pictures of them with PTO's but could be mistaken. A guy local has a couple of them I just need to take some beer and BS him about them.

56wrench

I’m not sure why you would want one of them unless you are a collector. An open-bowl conventional of the appropriate size matched to the tractor would be a better choice with a lot less maintenance. All those moving parts would give me nightmares. I ran a JD paddle scraper once and it was ok for finishing work but I wasn’t the guy fixing it

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
Looks more Wabco 111A or International E200 era.
Electric motor removed & old style John Deere drive shaft/gearbox
Michigans had a Hough loader diff & planetaries on the lower section of the frame

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Looks more Wabco 111A or International E200 era.
Electric motor removed & old style John Deere drive shaft/gearbox
Michigans had a Hough loader diff & planetaries on the lower section of the frame
All the Inters I've worked had Johnson bowls, same as Cat