• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Harris Blade/Raygo Giant

Welder Dave

I just saw this thread. Sometime in the late 80's or 90's, there was a Raygo Giant sold at Ritchie Bros. in Nisku. I wonder if this is the one in Devon?

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Not intentionally resurrecting a years old post but here is that machine.
A couple batteries, inflate some tires, drain water and prime filters, and it was pushing dirt.
Real cool to keep unique and rare equipment alive like this.
To those who invited me to help I thank you.
Volunteering helping out for the Alberta Construction Heritage Society this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20230520_192533614.jpg
    IMG_20230520_192533614.jpg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 36

JaredV

That's cool! No need to apologize. With stuff like this that has little info out there, it helps guys like me to keep it in one place. Did anyone get any video?

Welder Dave

I think it might be the same one I saw at RB's. There can't be many of them in Alberta. I just can't remember if it had the splotchy red paint. I looked at it from the left hand side. It was parked in a separate area at RB's, maybe for storage till it could be moved. Very interesting machine. Had to be pretty loud with twin 8V-71's. Too bad I didn't have a cell. phone with a camera back when I used to go to a lot of auctions. Saw a lot of interesting and sometimes rare machines.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Not intentionally resurrecting a years old post but here is that machine.
A couple batteries, inflate some tires, drain water and prime filters, and it was pushing dirt.
Real cool to keep unique and rare equipment alive like this.
To those who invited me to help I thank you.
Volunteering helping out for the Alberta Construction Heritage Society this weekend.
Simon? I thought you hated the internet?

Welder Dave

Can anybody go to the site in Devon to check out all the older machines? It's not far from Edmonton. There used to be 2 Letourneau L700 Lectro-loaders sitting in a field in Acheson. One of them was gone the last time I was out there but that was quite a few years ago so I'd expect the other one is gone too. They were the first hyd. Letourneau's after the ridiculously long rack and pinion models. I'd say they were pretty rare too. I climbed up on 1. It was a long way up and a little intimidating with no cab on the machine. Can only imagine how big an L2350 is.

Burnout

Occupation
Can anybody go to the site in Devon to check out all the older machines? It's not far from Edmonton. There used to be 2 Letourneau L700 Lectro-loaders sitting in a field in Acheson. One of them was gone the last time I was out there but that was quite a few years ago so I'd expect the other one is gone too. They were the first hyd. Letourneau's after the ridiculously long rack and pinion models. I'd say they were pretty rare too. I climbed up on 1. It was a long way up and a little intimidating with no cab on the machine. Can only imagine how big an L2350 is.
We’re slowly making our way through the machines in Devon. The gentlemen running HCHS have recruited some of us younger people and we’re gonna breathe some new life into that old iron. Our friend Simon who posted above included.

Not sure if you’ve got Instagram but we have a page there and will work on a website here soon. If that’s not really your thing you can shoot me a message and I can keep you in the loop via email.

Alex 16EB177C-67A6-411C-9FDA-FED18A3B4EE6.jpeg

Welder Dave

That would be great. Are you looking for more volunteers? I might be able to offer some welding assistance if you need it. It would very rewarding helping keep some old iron running.

Burnout

Occupation
That would be great. Are you looking for more volunteers? I might be able to offer some welding assistance if you need it. It would very rewarding helping keep some old iron running.
We are definitely looking for volunteers. We have no money but we have cold beer to drink.

Welder Dave

East of Beaumont there is a guy that sub-divided and now sells tires. He has a big scraper sitting in his yard that he used when subdivided his farm. It's big but not the most common brand. He said the Cummins engine developed a knock. It might be an interesting machine to have on display. I'll try and figure what brand it is.