• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hein Werner {c14a}parts...where???

maddog

I finally started checking the machine over, can anyone point me in a direction for parts? It has a couple of bad rollers. I've tried the W.C.sales but believe they're porbably out of business, no one ever answers the phone and emails won't send???

shorty750

does it have crane pads or newer pads got several for mine used but from
undercarage supplier rebuilder just north of DesMoines ia. also fit older d5
hope this helps if find phone number will send.

maddog

It has the crane , thanks for the reply. I did email a company that might be able to help, waiting for their next reply. The machine seems to run fairly well, I'd like to fix it up and keep it for a few years if it would be cheap enough, I have plenty of work for it :)

shorty750

the place in ia just found card grace track in elkhart 800-426-4136 gave my serial and was able to pull up all undercarage parts. if put new under mine orth more than machine looks rough but for farm wk. hope this helps.
also used yard in tn said had parts their no 800-338-5178 head equipment inc
celina tn.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Maddog, if you're H-W has the crane type bottom, the tracks were made by Insley. So Insley undercarriage parts may fit it too. If it has a tractor-type bottom (like a modern track hoe) it probably was made by one of the crawler manufacturers. A parts book for your machine will make things a lot easier. Hope this helps.

maddog

Thanks again folks BIG help Shorty750 I'll give those #'s a call in the next couple days.

Buckethead; It does have the crane style undercarriage thanks.

I now have some VERY sad news, I was digging {dredging} out my pond, everything was working great, 3days running. On the 4th day I had just a little bit of work to do with the C14A, on the 10th pass the ole girl said NOPE!!!! She was running real strong and all of a sudden went to a low rpm and started blowing smoke. I havn't had a chance to tear into it yet but I'm betting the engine blew :eek: :cussing :(. It has the detroit 6V in it. How hard is it to get one of these out of the machine? What are the chances of either getting a good used one or rebuilding this one? I really like this ole machine it ran strong and could really move a heck of a load of dirt{sloppy clay}. If it doesn't cost outrageous I'd like to keep it going.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
Maddog their is a flapper valve on top the blower and if that some how tripped and shut off the inlet air to the blower you will loose power and rpm and blow smoke. on the off chance that happened your engine may be OK

shorty750

that sounds like the emergy shut off door right infront of blower small arm held
open by spring my loader spring broke like that at worst time picking up my lathe.

maddog

:salute :thumbsup :yup :woohoo :beerchug :D THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.......... And if I have not said it yet, thank you VERY MUCH !!!!! That was it, the valve had shut, about 30 second fix, time was spent climbing up on the machine :). You folks don't have a clue as to how much tension you took off of my shoulders. I was allready trying to find another engine or rebuild kit etc.... As you probably know diesel engine don't grow on trees. Thanks again for the help and such an awsome site.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
Maddog I'm glad that was a quik fix the flapper valve can give you heart failure. Years ago we did not have shut off valves on our Landing craft engines because you didn't want the engines loosing power when doing amphib operations