• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hello, happy to join you in the heavy and noisy machine conversations.

nonprod

Occupation
Re-Tired
Someone suggested I introduce myself as a new member, so hello, my name is gibbs and I'm happy to join you in the heavy and noisy machine conversations. My personal interest in such things is keep a couple of old machines going, in my (significantly futile) effort to try to keep my steep and remote acres from washing away or burning up (further) in the northern California forest.

I'm a believer in 'freedom of information' so I appreciate very much these (new world order) online educational conversation and advice columns. I hope I can add something useful to somebody myself, rather than merely asking endless questions to which mostly the answers may be: "Why are you bothering to spend so much time with that old piece of..." My response in advance is mostly: "I made poor career choices and therefore I am not made of money."

Anyway, thanks for your existence and I look forward to learning some stuff.

-gibbs

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Welcome to the HEF! Good to have you. Keep us abreast of your Cali adventures. I hear they grow pretty good chronic in Northern Cali.

I too, made many bad career choices.

For example, I’m currently an overweight, alcoholic, commercial rabbit breeder living in the subarctic. My wife ran off with a another member of the HEF, awhile back. Good news, my single-wide will be paid off in another 10 years, so I have that going for me.

nonprod

Occupation
Re-Tired
Ha. Indeed!

I suppose we'll all find some way in the end to suggest: 'We had a good run through the hoops we thought to jump, with the tools provided....' or something to that effect.

Thanks for hearty welcomes all!

Did you give him a "Like" for that?

Welcome to the HEF! Good to have you. Keep us abreast of your Cali adventures. I hear they grow pretty good chronic in Northern Cali.

I too, made many bad career choices.

For example, I’m currently an overweight, alcoholic, commercial rabbit breeder living in the subarctic. My wife ran off with a another member of the HEF, awhile back. Good news, my single-wide will be paid off in another 10 years, so I have that going for me.

nonprod

Occupation
Re-Tired
Ha, yeah, Clarence opened up my hand when I told her about your dream job. 'Course my skin is durable like wrapping paper at this point. I told you I bleed red, not that I felt an obligation to prove it. I thought for sec that we'd strayed from machine talk, until I read a thread about mice in the EROPS and therefore cats as a maintenance solution.
Baglady144.JPG wound no.7.jpg

Coaldust

Occupation
Lol. That’s awesome. Put some bactine on that. You are going to fit in good. I’ve offered to rent Mr. Johnson to a number of our members in the various “ mice ate my wire harness” threads we get. Lol.

cute kitah !

Coaldust

Occupation
Oh’ crap.! Another damn weather baroon floating near my place. Probably spying on my HEF posts. A pair of F 22’s just ripped over my single wife with a sonic boom. Woke Flick Johnson up. I’m headed to the bunker. I’ll report back later.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Do they get to go supersonic where you are much? I haven't heard a sonic boom in years, since the space shuttle. Used to be SR-71s around here often, their base was nearby.

Coaldust

Occupation
Never.

Not since I was a little kid and heard a few from McChord AF base in the early 70’s.