• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help to ID Fiat Allis 745C and Source for Parts

neverstopbuilding

Occupation
Woodworker
Got a deal on an old wheel loader 745C, looking to where I can source manufacturer specific parts, but I suspect I'll mostly have to use aftermarket and generics to replace broken things like the windows, hoses, seals, bearings etc. From what I can tell it looks in good shape. The only id number i could see was on a worn tag left behind the drivers seat it says Allis Chalmers and 1637 or 1837 stamped into the plate. Is this part of the serial number?

Looks like I'll have to air up the tires and get the thing moving in a month or so, its about 15ish tons empty?

Thanks for all the help!
2023-05-24 20_21_14-Photo - Google Photos.png

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Very good loader in their day. Even with the Fiat involvement they were still pretty well supported through that fiasco till Fiat replaced with their own design. Most parts can be had as AC used a lot of vendored items. Minnpar.com still supports some, but are $$$ to purchase. Lots of those loaders still around for parts as the run was so long on them. Internet search will be a great help.

The original engine was an 11000 series, (turbocharged) and were 516ci at about 200hp. 2 forward speeds and 1 reverse. Beside climbing up into and out of them, they were a nice loader with good visibility and power.