• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help with 600,000 sq ft lot

jmac

I am in the process of quoting a large factory fro snow plowing and would appreciate any help. The lot is about 600,000 sq ft and has to include:

loader 18' pusher
skid steer 8' pusher
two plow trucks

specs are every 2" of snow done before 6am
no sidewalks
salt and sand paved surfaces
factory can use your salt for sidewalks
snow removal included if needed can dump on property(dump trucks)
loading docks, two smaller parking areas ( pick up and skid)
two very large parking areas ( loader)
includes a secound location across town ( about 10 minutes away) about 50,000 sq ft done with another skid steer and 8' pusher and salt
No sand sweeping in the spring

We get about 25 push's a year and around 80" a year of snow. We also get at least one 12" snow per winter possible two.
I will have to rent one loader and one skid steer, own one skid steer, plow truck, and tri axle dump truck. Will have to buy 18' pusher and two 8' pushers for skid steers. I have a 6 yrd loader lined up and one skid steer for 22k for the season Oct 31st till April 30.

My estimate for fixed cost is about 45k to 50K to include:
rentals
salt
labor
fuel
new pushers
new "v" box salter for pick up

small lot
View attachment 7730

large lot
View attachment 7731
Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Last edited:

jmac

Thanks 95zIV,
No one eelse does plowing? Come on guys I know some of you do it and at a large scale like this one. Any help? Thanks again

dumptrucker

I used to do a couple of plants for GE about 5 years ago . Very similar in size. We used to get 110,000 for the season. That was for salting, plowing , snow removal, also dumped on site. I also put in that if we were called out and there was not 3 inches of snow , it was an extra on top of the contract. This included times for drifting, when sidewalks would ice up after a warm day of melting and freeze at night , coming back to plow spaces where cars were. The extras usually meant another 10 -12k on top of original contract.
Hope this helps a little.

stuvecorp

Jmac, thats about the in ballpark. We plow a site like this, we get alittle more for it but we also handle the snow a lot. Plow with 721 and 14' blade, 2 speed skidsteer and 10' blade, either a tractor with a blizzard 8611 or a rented loader with a 14' pusher and a do ice control with a 10' vbox.

jmac

Thank you guys, that was really what I was getting at, "am I close?" My price was around 85k to 95k. I think if the fixed cost are 50k I should be good. Then pray for no snow.

Last edited: