• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with Bobcat 873 G

jorswift

So pulled a stupid move and bought a used Bobcat blindly at auction. Has 2100 hours, but I do not believe it was ever maintained! There is oil EVERWHERE on the inside of the engine and access covers. So far I have changed the lift pump & Gasket, braided fuel lines, fuel shut off solenoid, alternator belt, timing belt, large fuel return line, air filters, and fuel filter. The machine seemed to start and run fine, but I didnt run it too long as the fuel lines were leaking all over the engine. However, when I was wiping all the gunk off the intake manifold was loose. So I tried to tighten it up, but realized all the bolts for the intake were loose. So now I have to take the turbo off, the exhaust manifold in order to get to the intake manifold. Also, there is standing water on the left side of the bottom of the machine. When I took off the left side bottom access cover, there is water, but I cannot locate the drain plug for this to drain? Any help/advice/thoughts? This is my first SS, so learning a ton as I go.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
It doesn’t sound like you’re scared of it, which is a good thing..
Take MAKAR up on his offer.. go buy a case or 3 of brake cleaner and go to town on it..
Good luck and snap some pics along the way..

crewchief888

belly pan drain holes are located on the bottom of the frame, towards the center of the chaincase about inline with the rear axles. there are no covers, just open holes

jorswift

belly pan drain holes are located on the bottom of the frame, towards the center of the chaincase about inline with the rear axles. there are no covers, just open holes
They must be tiny holes. I still havent located them. Put pulled a bunch of crap out by hand.