• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with rusty quick release plungers

BLconst

Pull the zerk fittings out of the back of the pin hold and soak in there with penetrating oil too.

I have the opposite problem that maybe someone can help, my cat 226 bucket and breaker seems to shift around in plate, is that the plunger pins being worn, or the mounting plate. Some times when using breaker seems like the breaker is going to fall off. Also the arm pins are all loose, does the pin or bushing need to be changed, does this involve line boring? 2200 hard hours.

heavylift

well if or when you get the bucket off....:) take the bucket off at least once a week... I hate trying to remove a bucket by the hand lever ...that takes more than a little effort...

The zerks do get forgotten about... because they get caked in mud..
I have a can of open gear lube I spray on parts like that.... plus the bucket pins if they start growling at me.. while waiting for a parts changer to replace a zerk...

rpctsv

It took a can of Kroil and some heat to release my stuck pins on my Case.My springs were rusted so bad you couldn't tell they were springs.Everything works fine now!