• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

here is a wild outfit for you

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I believe that was done west of Port Angeles, Washington.

Leave it to loggers to find a way to get somthing like that done.

rino1494

We can haul dozers on cables, but that poor girl in Cliffhanger couldn't survive.....lol

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
That is sweet, its amazing what one can do when they put their mind to it, or are crazy enough to try stuff. Great vid all and all.
Trbo

72V

Occupation
grader, cat, excavator hack
I worked around a logging company (now defunct) that flew a Terex 82-20B out across a canyon with a skyline to log a blind lead, similar to what the video shows.

Last edited:

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
listen to that cable sing i wouldn't be anywhere near that when that much wait was on it look out if it snaps:eek:

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
Army Diesel Tech and field maintenace teck
That is a great video. Not the first time I have seen it done but always fun to watch.

HITACHI350

thats a company out of forks wa, dulgrans, those yarders there were only a hand full of them made cuz of there so much money to build and theres realy no need for that big of a yarder anymore the biggest yarder that people use is a sgagit.they have two of them big giant yarders there called a "Berger Mark VI tower yarder" i think its the same people that make the green bean the yarder that rygaard owns thats my knowleadge of the yarders