• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hillbilly stump puller VERY effective

Wylie5

Occupation
Weed Control Contractor
Be Safe

Just read this blog, And all l can think is a killing machine, and the reason for my comments is that, l nearly lost my dad when l was about 9 years of age, My dad was pulling stumps like you are, but much bigger when one day the cable broke, My dad lost a part of his head, took out the corner of the shed The corner of the shed was about 5' high concrete wall totoly demolished, dad was never the same, he did all the calculations and yet it still happened, dug around the tree stump cut the roots, and took precaution that he could. He was no dummy either, as he was a marnie steam enginneer with honnors in his field.

All l can say is, be safe and stand well back, May be try to get a machine to do the job instead.

Wheelybin.

I'm thinking :idea of a safety improvement, radio remote control for the power pack, so you could be in a bunker when the next chain gives out! :shf

Thanks for the post.

special tool

Maybe I don't understand something here.

Grade 70 3/8" chain has a load limit of around 10,000 pounds - and that's right around where it'll kill you, NOT the safe range.

How did you do the work that a D8 (47,000 pounds drawbar pull) couldn't do?
Who was on the tractor, Ronald Mcdonald?

totalloser

Occupation
Groundwork/Fabrication
My grade 70 chain is rated 6600 *working* load. The overrating of the chain is discussed in some detail. Very sorry to hear the cable story, but I also addressed that issue. DO NOT USE CABLE. It COULD be a killing machine if you did. Besides it seems pretty obvious that such a machine is inherently dangerous. Common sense IS required.

How did I get it out where a D8 couldn't? The land owner didn't want the D8 digging around, so he only tried to push it. I went in with my JD790 and busted all the roots up, axed a big root to break it in half, and then pulled with chains.

Who's this Ronald Mcdonald? A friend of yours? :D

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
The real Hill Billy Stump Remover. Lite fuse and run like hell.
Dynomite

Attachments

• Dynomite.jpg
    Dynomite.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,170
  • imageDynomite.jpg
    imageDynomite.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,146