• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX270 mystery part

swampdog

Could it be from the end of a pin, somewhere on the boom or stick? Maybe something to do with holding the pin in place? That's the first place I'd look.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Looks like one of those pointer things you find on heavy truck lug nuts to indicate whether they are coming loose to me. Seems to have a 12 point configuration on the id, and a bit of a point.

KenAl

Do you have any Ball Valves on the machine? It looks like a lock plate or handle to turn the square part of the lock valve.

wnydirtguy

It not from the boom or bucket pins. that was my first thought. It was not in the pile because I was loading out a pile of rock we busted out of a basement and it didn't have many rust or it. It looked like it freshly broke and just fell off.

expatracer

Occupation
hoe operator
it looks like a lock for a tie rod bolt on a hydraulic hammer .they seat on the top of the hammer with a large cir-clip holding them in place. !!!!!

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Take it to your dealer and tell him you need a new one since that one broke.

Then watch his face.:confused::beatsme

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
tape a quarter to it so it will be worth something and throw it in the next truck that comes by

-3Doc

Occupation
Ticketed HD Mechanic
it looks like a lock for a tie rod bolt on a hydraulic hammer .they seat on the top of the hammer with a large cir-clip holding them in place. !!!!!

Your exactly right! That would have been my guess also.:)

steponmebbbboom

it's some sort of positioning washer that holds the head of a bolt in a certain position while the pointer on the outside sits into a recess of the same shape to keep the bolt from turning out of position. last time i seen one of those was inside a john deere inboard planetary gear set.