• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi zx 470 lc-5b 6uzi rocker arm failure

jean auger

Occupation
heavy duty mechanic
hi ,just wondering if anyone add this issu before on hitachizx470-5b(6uz1 engine) ,cyl #2 ,5 exhaust rocker arm broke off ,metal filling was found in oil filter also 3bolts for hydrolic coupler was broken in flywheel,since rocker arm were replace and i turn engine but by hand just to see if at any pointwould bind and was able to turn it despite was really hard to do so,my question is what cause it and can we fix it or would be wasted time to even try too ,6uz1 are extremly pricy,i would appreciate if anyone can help so try to save time and money to keep the boys working ,we are a small outfit so to replase 6uz1 for 130000 from wajax this is a really big deal for us but thank you for your time