• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hokuto 300 hd excavator

hokuto

Hi i have a hokuto 300 HD -2 excavator and was interested to find any information on this make of excavator.
It has a 2 cyl air cooled deutz engine and side shift mechanism.
All my attempts to find information on the web regarding these machines have been disappointing.
So any information would be greatly appreciated.:drinkup

Attachments

• DSCF0029.jpg
    DSCF0029.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 722

hokuto

ok
so no ones familiar with this brand of excavator
as i described it as having a deutz F2L912 engine in it
i was wondering if anyone knows where the oil filter is in these engines ?
i have purchased a Silensair Atlas Copco US85DD air compressor that has the exact same engine and would like to give both a service
below the fuel pump there is a circular pressed steel plate with a central bolt which i suspect houses the oil filter
i have searched the internet for a hint but have been unsuccessful so i thought someone here may be able to steer me in the right direction.
i really like these engines as i will use them rather infrequently and dont worry about water sitting in their cooling systems indefinitely they seem to suit my use.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Never seen a Hokuto myself. Looks like a sturdy little unit for a mini ex. Interesting the way the links are set up to roll the bucket.

As for the Deutz, every FL912 I've worked on has the oil filter directly below the fuel filter. Can you post a pic of your fuel filter mounted on engine? Might have a better idea of what you have then.