• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Horrendous squeak.

emmett518

I bought a 2016 Deere 310 L backhoe with 1600 hours. I'm not sure how well anything was greased, but as soon as I got it, I made sure all of the grease fittings worked, were clear, and were lubed.

Went to dig in the garden for the second time, and noticed a loud squeak when moving the back arm from side to side. Immediately stopped working, and grabbed the grease gun filled with moly grease. Some fittings oozed, but some took 70 shots of grease without oozing. And those fittings had been greased multiple times.

One thing I noticed is that some of the joints ooze grease one one side of the joint, but nothing comes out of the other side.

The squeak persisted, even after greasing twice, but eventually went away. I'm guessing that the grease worked its way in with movement.

A lot of these joints are not pins and bushings. They are the actual rotating part where the backhoe arm attaches to the tractor, or the moving hydraulic cylinder mounts to move the arm back and forth.

Do I just keep greasing heavily, and hope that these joints get lubed? I can't imagine the job of taking these joints apart, or replacing same.