• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hourly Rate for Dozer and Scraper Combo

clansing1

We have a TD-20G LGP (52,000 lbs. & 230 HP) that we pull a Cat 435 Scraper with. I believe the scraper has a 14 cu. yd. struck and a 17-18 yd. heaped capacity. We charge $140/HR for the dozer by itself. What would be the going rate for this combo?

Do I charge the same rate with the scraper combo since I'm not burning as much fuel, less track wear and tear since I'm only going forward, etc.? Also, most scraper jobs are longer duration 4-5 days, where a bulldozer only job is 1-2 days. There is more mobilization and set up time with the scraper combo.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tazzels

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
well you need to account for wear and tear on the scraper, and the cost of the scraper, and scraper transport. I'd try for $175 an hour with a scraper if your getting 140 for just the dozer.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
scraper pricing

We have a TD-20G LGP (52,000 lbs. & 230 HP) that we pull a Cat 435 Scraper with. I believe the scraper has a 14 cu. yd. struck and a 17-18 yd. heaped capacity. We charge $140/HR for the dozer by itself. What would be the going rate for this combo?

Do I charge the same rate with the scraper combo since I'm not burning as much fuel, less track wear and tear since I'm only going forward, etc.? Also, most scraper jobs are longer duration 4-5 days, where a bulldozer only job is 1-2 days. There is more mobilization and set up time with the scraper combo.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tazzels

Is there any Tractors with Dirt Pans in your area?

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
D7 with scraper goes out of here at
$175.00 and hour. D8 with pan goes at $215.00