• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to enable your computer volume loud enough to hear it well

Tinkerer

I spent hours looking within my computers for a way to increase the volume with no success.
It finally occurred to me to search the internet for an extension that would do it.
It took about two minutes to get what I was looking for.
There are a couple of different extensions available for free, and work with Chrome, Firefox and Brave.
I chose 600% Sound Volume and it works quite well.
I am posting an image of it in action.
In the upper RH corner of the image there is a speaker icon. I just click on it and the control panel appears.
Here is a link to it for Chrome--https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/600%25-sound-volume/kcgedkeajhbfkackhppmenimpfpnopje

IMG_0364.JPG

mitch504

I know personally, the last couple of years, I can hear just fine, but understanding what I hear is another matter entirely....

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Hearing aids are a PITA to donn and doff where even as light as the newer ones are and as programmable as they are they too can increase the volume but understanding can remain difficult:confused::D