• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to remove extendahoe cylinder, 580 superk

schwarrm

How to break down boom on extendahoe. Saw a youtube video, not much help. Just from looking at it common sense, remove the pin in the end of boom, closest to the bucket. Unbolt all the hoses and knock the pin out that holds the extendahoe cylinder. Then drive out from under or slide extendahoe apart. Looking for a detailed way to remove. Hoses are leaking. I thought once I got it apart I would repack cylinder as well.
kind regards,
John

mitch504

If you knock that pin out first, the outer section will slide off, bending the steel pipes that supply the bucket cylinder. Please don't ask how I know. :rolleyes:

BlazinSS934

It is a job that once you get into the first time you will get better at it haha. Best way is to have another machine to slide the extendahoe section of off the stick assembly. I've done this job at least 10 times and I've got it down to about 6 hours. Guy I worked for had 4 case backhoes and they all eventually needed this done. The hydraulic fitting would loosen on the extendahoe cylinder and puke fluids everywhere. I ended up welding a tab on the tube nut, drilled it and secured it with safety wire.