• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Controls Feel Weak/Case 9030B

jerry109999

Hey Guys,

You all have been very helpful to a new excavator owner and if you have it in you I could use some more. This is an 96' 9030B and it has had some fuel issues that have been addressed but I am not sure that they are cured. The symptoms are that the machine seems to be sluggish on the hydraulics and not reacting as fast as they were 2 months ago (6 hours work time). When I pull the main beam in and operate the bucket at the same time one or the other will not react or will react slowly. The bucket may open/close but the main beam slows down or vice verse. I have changed the Hydraulic Filters throughout the entire machine within the last two weeks (2 hours work time).

As I stated I have had some issues with fuel system with filters and dirty/old fuel. I have changed the filters within the last 20 hours and this weekend drained the bottom of the fuel tank and changed the inline filter but not the main filters.

MY QUESTION: Is there anything that I can do to get more power out of the Hydraulics and get them back to where they were and if so what do you guys suggest. QUESTION #2: Could the fuel system make the hydraulics slow down while still making good rpm?