• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hydraulic hose business

bigshot

Hello guys,I'm planning to start hydraulic hose assembly services for different oem equipment.
anyone who is expert in hose fittings and coupling, do provide your assistance , coz i need to explore more technical details of it
thankx in advance

lantraxco

It's kind of a specialized area, many of us are adept at changing hoses, or as owners buying hoses, but I doubt there are many here that have much experience in actually building replacement hoses. About fifteen years ago I worked for a CAT dealer and made CAT hoses frequently but I would not say I was knowledgeable about the subject. There have been many changes and improvements in the interim also.

Maybe post some specific questions you're seeking help with, perhaps that will prompt some conversation?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Are you going to do this in the field are have a shop where people have to come to you?

The issue is all the stock needed to service all the different types of machinery. The hose presses and dies are not that expensive and many of the manufacturers and dealers with sell the stuff real reasonable but you have to commit to purchasing a lot of stock. The means plenty of one wire, two wire, four wire and six wire hose and all the associated fittings that go with all that. Most people only do this with some kind of franchise agreement with a manufacture. Parker, Gates and Weatherhead are the main manufacturers in my area but there are others. The dealers here are real reasonable so it never made any sense to try to do some kind of field service. Most people will happily send their own people into town to get a hose made so would not pay the travel and mileage for you to come out and do the job.

bigshot

Thank you for your suggestions. actually i will set up end fittings and coupling shop and outsource hoses from gates, parker, yokohama, bridgestone etc. i have raised huge capital with my partners and maintaining inventory is no issue in my case.
we will be providing on site services as well as mining sector is near to my place and i charge little premium for that.
only problem i'm facing right now is part umber details of oem equipment, so for that i need assistance.

DHH_Marc

Hello guys,I'm planning to start hydraulic hose assembly services for different oem equipment.
anyone who is expert in hose fittings and coupling, do provide your assistance , coz i need to explore more technical details of it
thankx in advance
Hello, there is a web site called Discount Hydraulic Hose that has a complete line of hose and ends,adapters to choose from. They offer Crimpers and saws to get your shop started. They offer technical help to get you started.