• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic question for a noob repairing Bobcat.

sierradmax

I began tearing down my machine (1998 763). I removed the bobtach, auxilary hydraulic lines, front piston hydraulic lines and everything on the lift arms for removal. I thought (and this could be a noob mistake) that I would run the machine with the lines to the pistons open (taped up). However, I quickly learned that you cannot. Can I simply cap the lines or will that damage the pump?

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yes, you can drive the machine with the hoses for the loader components capped, just obtain the JIC plugs/caps you need from your local hyd hose supplier. Even if you operated a function that is capped, you would simply pop open the relief valve of that circuit. Be careful going up a grade with the loader components removed, your machine may now be a little butt heavy with these components removed. ;)