• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ideas~brake on a case 252 roller

Farmereinar

i just serviced my case 252 roller, opened up the hydro tank and cleaned it out and installed 4 new hydro filters, problem i have is now the front drum mounted hydraulic brake wont disengage (its not getting pressure to the line) and up on the hand lever it feels as theres no pressure going to the hand valve (the valve movves too easy for there to be pressure)

its been about a month and i cant seem to figure it out, ive tired to bleed the system, the drive system is not whiny and nor is the vibro so im not sure if or why it may have air in the system
\
the case dealer has no "qualified" mechanics to work on it

i know its a long shot as the machines arent that common...let alone people who work on them...but does anyone have experience with a stuck parking brake?

also, just to try it out, i took the brake unit off (looks like a hydraulic motor with a large gear on the end that lines up with the drum) and i hoooked it to a snow plow pump line, and when it has pressure the brake does release, so the brake is working as it should

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
I will take a look at work on monday for the 252 book and see if I can figure something out from the schematics. I'm guessing that after a month another day or two won't hurt. I know this may be a long shot but those things had terrible fuse panels and relays have you tried swapping them. Try swapping the vibrator relay with the brake relay.