• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ih 484

Michaeljp86

Here is some pictures of my 484, my first tractor. I paid $1000 for it and it had a engine knock. I got it apart and found a spun bearing and a chewed up crank shaft. A bracket on the pickup tube for the oil pump was broke and the tube was flopping around and I think it was sucking air and low oil pressure caused the damage. I rebuilt the engine in 07 and painted it last summer with a broken collar bone. :( It took 3 times as long but I got it done before fall. I still need to get a new seat and rear tires.

Attachments

• DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2,330
  • IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 3,972
  • IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 4,190

Michaeljp86

It blows through 2 feet of snow like its not even there. :D

Attachments

• DSC00507 (5).jpg
    DSC00507 (5).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,094

Russelln

Occupation
Electronics Engineer & Cal Fire Air Tanker Pilot
That is one beautiful machine. I sure with that was sitting on my farm.

Gadgetman

Occupation
project manager and operator
Nice job,

A lot of hard work in a project like that. The hard part is deciding where to draw the line. The further you tear into it the more you want to re-do.

Michaeljp86

I restored a 8ft transport disk to go along with the 484. I had to have something nice looking to pull around with it. The sad thing is the cost to restore the disk was about 2/3 of what it cost to restore the tractor. Two wheel bearings were almsot $200. The disk cost a fortune to restore.

Attachments

• DSC00397.jpg
    DSC00397.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,999
  • DSC00506.jpg
    DSC00506.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,039
  • DSC00471.jpg
    DSC00471.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 2,397

WooshNI

Occupation
Security engineer
HI I also have a 484 with cab. Does your hand brake work? Apparently they are a PITA to fix. I will try and post some photos when I am allowed to post.

Michaeljp86

HI I also have a 484 with cab. Does your hand brake work? Apparently they are a PITA to fix. I will try and post some photos when I am allowed to post.

I guess in europe the 484 was a big seller. Here they are pretty rare, the 384 is even more rare.

No my hand brake doesnt work, I wish it did. Thats another thing I need to work on.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
All we did was fit a mechanical lock to the brake pedals as doing the hand brake band resulted in more issues with the backends and hydraulics on most of the 3-4 cyl internationals.Well nearly as many issues as putting in the wrong oil in the back end.

Stock

Last edited:

Richardjw~

yes, you need double jointed arms to get in there to pull out the split pins that hold the band in place.

Once you've repaired them make sure there's a working warning light on the dash to warn the operator when its on - or wire it up to the horn :tong

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Basically all we used to do was get two pieces of flat weld one piece to to the cab frame if front of the pedals cut a notch/bend the second one so that fits over the pedal .

Press the pedal and clamp the two pieces together with a grips and drill a hole thru both pieces, insert a bolt with a washer and lock nut.Leave a little play on the pedals to allow for easy of release of lock