• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Impact's "Things Done at Work"

Impact

Occupation
Owner
We had a crane job lifting trusses Thursday. All our other operators were busy so it was up to me. Thought I’d break in the new crane. Was backing it down the drive and it alarmed. All 5 steering modes were flashing green. It went into a limp mode only driving 20 mph. Shut it down to let it reboot. Finally gave up and took the old 60 ton Grove. Luckily a Liebherr tech was coming by for final paper work, so I called him. When he got there all the alarms were gone. History said it was a steering sector.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
May 15th I went into the office after being gone on vaca..err a business trip. They handed me a stack of bills, papers etc that needed my attention. I gave the stack to my partner to handle and told him I quit. I retired. It was 2 days before my 66th birthday. So far I’ve done some maintence crap around the house. Rest of the time I spend bugging my better half. She may force me back to work before it’s over

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
My own wife is now regretting her pressure to get me working!! Not much getting done except on weekends where her time is now coordinated with mine to get House and Life stuff done. Have DR Visits coming up, will be easy enough to use as excuse to CEASE Working, again. Will continue on possibly thru summer, then calling it.