• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ingersoll Rand SPF-56 Fluids?

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
This is an older machine and I can't find manuals for it. On the unit itself, it calls for SAE 90 EP for just about everything besides the engine. I know a lot of newer oils have been made since then. Seems like I can find SAE 90 GL-5 which I think might be the same thing? Any recommendations on this?

I also need to drain the hydraulic fluid and add new, as the current stuff looks like milk! What grade should I be using and any tips to draining the system completely? I know in a perfect world I would drain it, then fill it with new, run it for a few hours, then drain it again, but at 50 gallons, I would go broke doing that!

Thanks for any help or suggestions!