• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Insley special

crane operator

Okay you Insley freaks- there's one on ebay. A 35 ton truck crane in arizona. 9,500 and all you have to do is drive it home. Come on 25c, you need another one!

crane operator

PS I really mean Insley fans , I don't want to give the wrong impression. I've had a ball reading your posts on the old crawlers, especially about one brand, that until this forum, I had never heard of. When I saw that Insley on ebay, all I could think about was the Insley fans here, and how one of you surely needs that thing! Have fun

td25c

Man oh man!35 ton Insley truck crane,10' wide chassis,clark planetary rear's,pin type tube boom.I love it,good thing it's in arizona and not in indiana or I might go after it.Great post crane operator.I wont get any sleep tonight thinking about it.It sure look's well kept,no rust ,good paint.

Last edited:

Rick Rowlands

Yes that one popped up on my "Insley" saved search on ebay this morning.

I certainly didn't think that I would become an Insley fan when we got the K12. But the deed is done and now I find myself searching for Insley stuff on the net. Good lord I'm in deep now. And the more I paint up that K12 the more I like 'em!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Man oh man!35 ton Insley truck crane,10' wide chassis,clark planetary rear's,pin type tube boom.I love it,good thing it's in arizona and not in indiana or I might go after it.Great post crane operator.I wont get any sleep tonight thinking about it.It sure look's well kept,no rust ,good paint.

Crane Carrier chassis...hyd outriggers. That's very nice rig 25c.

td25c

Hmmm.It could be a seaven day journey from Arizona to Indiana with a 35 ton Insley.I'm still thinking about it.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hmmm.It could be a seaven day journey from Arizona to Indiana with a 35 ton Insley.I'm still thinking about it.

Put her on a rail frame, take the wheels off, and truck it. Save the wear on the drives. :cool:

crane operator

Ooohhhh boy- drive it? Have you seen those pics? That looks like a hendrickson walking beam in the rear and in front. I've never seen a front walking beam, but the one's Ive driven with one in the rear were no smooth rider's. Not to mention that super dandy lower seat, looks like lots of suspension travel on that one too! It would surely soften the ride, wouldn't it? I'm 6'6" and that looks like a head smasher for sure. But think of the fun you could have when you had it home! Someone buy it, put all the insleys together on one site, and do a super-multi-crane insley only crane pick. Take pictures and post them. Only $9500. Come on who needs a money losing 401k, buy iron!