• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Interesting grousers on this 977

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Those are refuse pads. They are used in garbage dumps to break things up for compaction.

BlkAngusMan

Track Removal

Anybody out there know how to remove a track on a fiat allis fl14b to replace the idler assembly without killing themselves?:Banghead

surfer-joe

The tractor looks like a demolition special, but I don't believe I have ever seen a track shoe like those. They are factory shoes for sure, but I don't know who's. Wulf may have the right idea, Caron does a lot of odd stuff for compaction and demolition or trash dump work.

surfer-joe

On the FL14B; release the track adjuster tension by carefully releasing grease out of the adjuster cylinder inside the roller frame. There will be a cover over that release plug on top of the roller frame somewhere's. Place a large pin or something big and hard in the sprocket near the rail and carefully reverse that track untill it's pulled the adjuster and the front idler all the way back so the track assembly is very loose. Either unbolt the master links, or push the master pin out and let the track down flat on the ground. I don't remember if the idler on these is bolted to the adjuster rod to where you can just remove those retaining bolts, or if the adjuster rod and fork have to come out with the idler. In either case, roll the idler ahead untill it clears the roller frame and lift out. Reverse order to install.

Good Luck!

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
As the others said those are meant for a landfill or transfer station. They protect the concrete floor and they also keep the garbage from being flopped on to the tracks.

I used to work in a landfill and the grouser bars used to grab the garbage and pull it into the tracks. The worst is old bed mattresses you run over them and the steel in the mattress hooks onto the grouser bars and makes a real mess :Banghead

Glad I don't work in the landfill anymore your running the cat and run over jugs of used fryer oil and its squirts up at you. Working on the machine laying in the garbage isn't fun either. Laying on your back with a garbage bag full of used baby diapers :(