• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

International gas engine

calhoonie

Hi, can someone tell me about the International gas engines from the 70s in the Loadstars/Cargostars? I found a VT-345 in a Cargostar at my neighbors farm and just wondering how those engines were back in the day. Thanks!-Calhoonie

Freightrain

I had a '72 Binder pickup(1210 series), 2wd with 345/4 spd. It had a Holley 2bbl on it and it passed everything but a gas pump. This was back in early 80's when gas was still cheap!

Pretty solid motor, think mine had ~70K on it? It was a ex-township truck so it was whipped on pretty hard, but ran fine for me.

dayexco

I had a '72 Binder pickup(1210 series), 2wd with 345/4 spd. It had a Holley 2bbl on it and it passed everything but a gas pump. This was back in early 80's when gas was still cheap!

Pretty solid motor, think mine had ~70K on it? It was a ex-township truck so it was whipped on pretty hard, but ran fine for me.

yup, my dad had 3 tandem dumps with the 345 and 5x4 trans. we could never haul a full day on the gas in the tandem tanks. wasn't bad when gas was .32 a gallon