• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IR DD 24

bkmech

Thank you for the reply Engine cranks but wont start. i can use power probe and power up brake light on dash and engine shut down solenoid clicks. Checked for continuity across emergency stop NC switches found ok. 4 wires on emergency stop not sure where they go. I know when depressed shuts on engine and stops cooler fan.

bkmech

Yep Jumped seat switch engine cranks. Machine in neutral. Emergency stop has continuity through it I’m assuming at least one wire at emergency stop should have 12 volts but does not.

Vetech63

I belive one side of the estop switch has power and the other side runs to the engine shut off solenoid. Have you checked the fuse panel? Not only for burned fuses but for corrosion?

bkmech

Well I know 2 of the 4 fuses have power in and out they are 20 amps the others are 5 amp and 10 amp not sure if they are correct but no power in on those two. all fuses are good no corrosion. I’m assuming solid gray wire should be hot and it’s not since a gray with black tracer has continuity to shut down solenoid. When I power it up solenoid clicks

bkmech

I have a couple of Ingersoll prints at home and they should be very similar. Ill look when I get home and report back
Thanks so much for your help. On the Deutz engine…front lower left is a Bosch relay in a large housing any idea what that’s for?

Vetech63

Post a pick of it. You do know that Ingersoll is famous for using diode blocks and relays that look almost identical? I have run into electrical problems created by use of the wrong one in specific places.

bkmech

Dynapac had specific relays also. This one has 4 wires in relay base two red assuming power in and out one is ground and other I would think control the machine is at my shop where I work will get a pic to you Monday evening.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Man, I'm sorry, I spoke too soon. Volvo has purged the IR from their service portal. All replaced with ABG from Germany. Sorry. It was available in the past.

bkmech

We’ll update on DD 24. The relay front LH side of engine is start relay. Found oil pressure sender wire was pulled off of sender and wire tied to steel injector line. Insulation was cracked badly and bare wire was making contact to steel line. I think engine shut down because of grounded oil pressure sender wire. Secured wire away from line and machine kept running