• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IR MW 100 . need info

Ben Witter

Wirtgen group purchased all the rights and intelligence on the old IR mills years ago. You can contact your local dealer and ask. I am not sure how cooperative you will be or if they still have material for these older machines.

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
Thank you, I will get my local salesman on it. im sure they will want to sell us tips.

DBK

Occupation
Mill Crew Foreman
I really doubt Wirtgen would be able to help you out much. Gotta remember this machine is over 30 years old, and Wirtgen is on their third series of small mill since then.

Teeth are standard sizes, they shouldn't be an issue. Kennametal or Wirtgen would work. Talk to your rep about them and holders if needed.

The good thing about the IR machines is that a lot of the stuff on them were available locally. Switches and electrical parts might be found at NAPA or another auto parts store. Hydraulic hoses and fittings are standard and can be obtained at any hydraulic shop. Engine in the video sounded like a Detroit. Parts are still obtainable. Might have to spend some time searching the web for oddball stuff or contact local suppliers not necessarily associated with milling or construction for that matter.

Good luck!

DBK

Occupation
Mill Crew Foreman
Also might try and find a dealer that sold IR products at that time. Maybe a current Volvo dealer??? Sometimes they still have items for the older machines around.

typ4

Occupation
No go from Wirtgen, volvo or any of our past local IR dealers.
Ans yes it looks like all standard parts, engine is a 5.9 cummins.
Machine only has 1300 hrs on it.
Thanks for the info. I have Zero experience on mills and was trying to learn about critical maintenance items.

Oh and all these dealer idiots throw out all the manuals when someone else takes over as dealer, sakai and bomag with that crap circuit board is a perfect example

Last edited:

typ4

Occupation
Well we havent had much call to use this thing but did get the drum gaps fixed and all new bits in it.
Works very well and a good pressure washing solved the heating for now.
Going to pull the rad and oil cooler and send them in to have the big radiator shop boil them.
The drum had been scabbed together with old bits as filler and whatever they could find.

Still have zero info on this thing so if you folks could keep eyes open. IR mw100 or so im told. LOL

Thanks
Russ