• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IT14G loss of power

gmyoung

i have a 2000 IT14G PIN 1WN01351 that has limited power both in operating and speed. the engine is working great.....good fuel delivery, new turbo installed last week, all new filters(air, hydraulic and fuel). my next check will be to measure the hydraulic pressure output of the pump. does anyone know the operating pressures of the system that i should be seeing? And if anyone has any recommendations as to checking the pressures or other conditions that could be causing the power loss it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Per Eriksson

On top of hydraulic tank near the filler neck you have a ball valve, shut that off and see if it improves, if it does you have a stuck inching valve.

gmyoung

we tried that based on another thread on this forum i was reading but unfortunately it never helped my machine.

WhyWhyZed

my next check will be to measure the hydraulic pressure output of the pump.
which pump? Implement or hydrostat?
Two different pumps.
Only thing that can affect power in both systems simultaneously is the engine. However pilot supply for implement control might come from hydrostatic charge- would have to look that up.

Are the hydraulics overheating at all?