• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

It28f no powe to dash and no movement

4digger

Hello. We have a cat it28f loader. Loader was moving fine then all of a sudden the there was not power to the dash and no movement in the transmission. Now the loader starts fine but no power to the dash. I’m assuming the I lost power to the ecm. I’m hoping somebody can give me some hint as to where to look or what to check. Thanks in advance.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
A serial number might get you a wiring diagram so you could at least have a road map to follow where the power starts and where it stops.

As it starts at least that would seem to indicate the disconnect switch and some of the wiring is functional.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
When you get the schematic look for the main cab relay. It is responsible for cab supply power. It is energized by the key switch.