• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

It's not much but...

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
I thought I'd share a good week with the hallowed collective.
I finally bought and picked a used ex main dealer service body for my (old)(03) F550. Most, probably wouldn't give it a second glance but it's the best I can do, it's bought and it's paid for.
I'll upload a couple pics when I can.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
An '03 ain't old.:tong

I'm running an '01 F250, 1999 4700 and several 2004 Cat's in my small fleet. It's all how you take care of them.:D

mitch504

Gee CM, it must be nice to have all that new equipment. I spent the week hopping from my '87 to my '92. At least this week I didn't need my 1970 Chevy C90. :D

As an aside, the reason I had to hop back and forth is that I finally hired a man that I have been offering a job to for 10 yrs. I worked with him when I was just learning 30 yrs ago, and he is the best all around operator I ever worked with, but.....

it turns out he can run everything he ever tried but a zero-turn mower. He bought one and a few minutes later broke his leg with it.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
You guys are lucky to live away from salt. Where I live, cars once had rust holes before a year old. A five year old car was once spent. Developments in rust proofing have turned it from 5 years to ten. Tractors, on the other hand last forever.

movindirt

You guys are lucky to live away from salt. Where I live, cars once had rust holes before a year old. A five year old car was once spent. Developments in rust proofing have turned it from 5 years to ten. Tractors, on the other hand last forever.

We have plenty of salt in IL, they make this nifty stuff called spot putty ;)

Todd v.

My workhorse is a 99 Dodge p/u with a cummins, daily driver is a 1985 Toyota pickup.

Either way a 2003 Ford F550 is a damn fine truck! As long as the motor holds together. :)

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
My workhorse is a 99 Dodge p/u with a cummins, daily driver is a 1985 Toyota pickup.

Either way a 2003 Ford F550 is a damn fine truck! As long as the motor holds together. :)

One of the Car & Driver type magazines a number of years ago did a show down between a new Ford super duty with Power Stroke, and a 1985 Toyota pickup. It was mostly about comedy, as they are so different one can't compare them. The last leg of the comparison was "Does it attract women?" The Ford: Yes! The Toyota: Yes........but not the kind you'd want.

Todd v.

Lol Ever seen the one, I think it was like 3 episodes, where they tried to kill a Toyota pickup? I think it was a show called overdirve? It took a licking when it was all said and done.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Lol Ever seen the one, I think it was like 3 episodes, where they tried to kill a Toyota pickup? I think it was a show called overdirve? It took a licking when it was all said and done.

I'd have said Top Gear, and yes I've seen it. My sons told me about it, and we once had on demand TV.