• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jaw screener cone

ttomkat

Has anyone else ever set it up where the jaw crusher shots into screener. Then the screeners back belt feeds into cone crusher??

ttomkat

Close lol. Just picture jaw crusher,screener, cone crusher. Lined up in that order I’ve crushed liked that before to make nice 3/4 inch clean stone but I’ve not met many people that do it like that. I’m just wondering anyone else does lol thanks

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I had a customer, used a jaw to bring shot rock down to 4- then into a punch plate to take out fines then into a cone. I don't think I'd want all those fines in my cone packing up in the seal area. But hey, if it works , why not?!

Tags

We crushed about 13-15000 yards of rock this past winter. We ran a jaw to a cone to a screener that sent oversized material back to the cone. Worked very well. We ended up with 3/4”stone and bedding sand/stone dust. We mix the stone and sand together for 3/4” process. The final week of crushing we stopped sending the oversized material to back to the cone and made 3/4 stone, 1 1/4” stone and bedding sand/ stone dust. The last 2 days of crushing we eliminated the cone and screener and produced a few hundred yards of 3”- road base.

D766F26C-D504-4E85-B7D2-519B12FB7107.jpeg

Jonas302

Jaw screen cone screen is how we usually run Primary crushes 3-7 over the screen and into cone and back over the screen we pull rock usually 1 1/2 off the second deck shoot on its way to the cone

ttomkat

Thank god someone else does jaw ,screener ,cone. When I first learned about crushing the company I worked for that’s how they set it up. Jaw into screener in cone. Now i tried setting it up that way for the company im working for now they thought I was crazy lol

ttomkat

Please watch that video. And people say that the right way ?? Yes the video is amazing taken from the drone. But sending all that directly
Into cone before screening it I also mentioned to my them that you usually don’t set it up where you have to swing the bucket completely over the whole crusher every time.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Not around the crusher much, but 980M feeding a.... no idea the size, but I think it's a Telsmith? jaw, then screen off the 3/4, 1inch or inch and a quarter minus, depending on what we need, then the cone, again no idea the size, but it is an older Nordberg, another screen, sand or dirty tailing, stone for asphalt, undersize stone to a smaller cone for sand. L180H taking away and stock piling. If we are doing a lot of paving for government, the one inch stone is hauled to the shop and put through... they used to have a Barmac? It's been up graded not sure what kind, but it makes sand, or 1/4 minus. Then they wash some of it, as the mix wants washed and dirty sand, blending sand and stone.

skyking1

That's how we did it on the dam job, jaw to cone to screen, and we had a sand screw too because we were making rock for concrete.
We were not excavatorloading it though. We had buried the jaw in a big bank of dirt and I was loading it with a 988 straight from the pit. It was a bigger jaw and apron feeder and I could get a pretty good wad up there and go do other things.
I loader mined about 350 yd a day.

hvy 1ton

If the cone isn't feeding back into the screen what is the end product? There is a company here that will run jaw>cone w/screen or jaw>screener>cone w/screen depending on the feedstock. Everyone else feeds the cone back into the screener. Maybe it's just a Kansas thing.