• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB Skidsteers?

kyoshidog

Occupation
I am a career fire fighter in the Portland area (s
Hi all, I have been off this site for quite a while since I thought I was getting out of the business and sold all my equipment. But, I am thinking about Buying a skidsteer with either a Brush Hog type mower or a forestry head and have found a JCB 300T with a new Bradco MM60 head on it for what I think is a reasonable price. I don't have any experience with JCB equipment and am wondering what others think? I have always run Takheuchi or Cat but this machine is almost new and much less money. I would love to get some feedback as I don't want to be pinching pennies and wind up with a POS that doesn't cut it. Thanks to anyone who wants to chime in!
Karl

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would not sign up that. Sometimes its just better to spend more and get more. I have not looked it up recently, but I think the biggest JCB makes about 75 hp, if that holds true, probably not the best machine to run a mulcher if your going to do mulching commercially. I am not personally convinced that JCB has their machines figured out yet. I have seen some (internet) with excessive play in the boom when nearly new. I think the Kohler engine is solid, great warranty. The rest of it, I don't personally have faith in. Parts are expensive, even by the crazy parts prices of the other OEMs today. I kinda judge this machine by Volvos reception of it. They market this machine as their own. I have yet to see a JCB branded Volvo at any of the Volvo dealerships in my area. It doesn't appear that they want anything to do with the machine. Lastly the resale is pitiful. I have been to auction sales and watch some of these go through and I don't know who gets the worst of the deal, the guy who sold it or the guy that bought it. They are a safe machine, no arguing that.

kyoshidog

Occupation
I am a career fire fighter in the Portland area (s
Hey kss thanks for the response, that's kind of what I thought. I haven't seen any of these on jobs around here so I guess that probably answers my question as well, but it's nice to hear it from some one else. Resale is important to me and it sounds like there isn't any with these! I think I'm going to stick with what I know is a good machine (always been happy with CAT!).
Thanks for the reply.
Karl