• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 400D fuel in engine oil

absoluteyukon

Occupation
Fixin' junk.
Hey guys,

Working on a JD 400D (pin: DW400DT613014) with a Mercedes 501OM LA, end of last season it came back with a bad engine oil sample, diesel dilution. I'm not familiar with the machine history and have limited engine specific literature (JD SA). Pulled and resealed the EUI pumps, did the nozzle sleeves, resealed nozzles and fuel quills. Pulled the fuel transfer pump at the back of the engine and checked the shaft seal just to be sure, didn't look bad but couldn't find a new seal for it and Brandt wanted 10k for the pump which I wasnt ready to pull the trigger on. Got it all back together and it's been working for a few shifts, still building oil. First one I've ever laid a wrench on, so I'm just seeing if there is someone out there familiar with these that might have any other ideas before I condemn a transfer pump that doesn't have any obvious visual signs of failure.

Thanks in advance!

Ben.

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
I’ll be curious to see if anyone has any input here. We’re looking a some D series trucks and would like to know what’s out there for help on difficult topics.