• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 755A Track Loader

bull

Looking a a 755A loader, any pointers about good points and bad on these loaders?

If it will move, but right side won't pull under load, any idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance, you guys have helped me a bunch in the past.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
As I have been warned about these earlier hydrostat drive units I looked into repair costs, a hydro motor, used and not determined as functional will run from $1200-1800 here, a reman from JD and some of the hydraulic shops around me is close to $3000(exchange with a 'good' core) and don't even look at new, I about fainted. There is a reason these tractors are cheap to buy as to listed prices.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
DMiller, thanks for actually stating something that supports your arguement rather than just the "they're junk dont buy one" statement that you normally make about the deere loaders, however now you have me wondering if you have ever had a personal experience with these machines as you seem to be very quick to criticize anytime someone post something about a deere loader........:confused:. my machine is as simple as they come, 2 pumps 2 drive motors....... that's something the Cat's didnt start doing untill the late 90's when the C models came out, although the systems are quite different they run on the same principle that fluid is presurized and turned into rotational motion through the drive motor.....

to be totally honest i have a 855 as well as several 963C machines and they all do the same job, the deere is no doubt slower and more operator intensive but has always been a good machine and has never failed. honestly i have had my fair share of troubles with a 953-63-73 a,b&c models but they are still good machines.

the older deere's are getting old enough now that anything regardless of mfg is going to start giving troubles.

as far as the op goes,..... is it a hydro machine or are we all jumping to conclusions? i have never been around a 755 nor have i owned one and am not going to give a "hear say" opinon on anything that is less than a first hand experiance, however with that said if it's anything like my 855 the problem could be anything on the right side as they are all seperate drive system, the right and left sides even operate through a seperate filter set.

pj

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I worked on these back when they were closer to new and then they did not show a great deal of issues, men that ran them did not consider most of them as 'production quality' when I was working on them and a great deal of operations chose to stay with the older shuttle shifts or move to Cats before they developed issues or lost a lot of value. I have been on here asking questions too, I did not stay with the heavy equipment mechanic side of work and lost a lot of touch on these so when I asked as to low price machines or 'slight issues to use' I began to worry and asked even more questions. I did a parts search after looking at a aged 755, not even a A series, parts were available but very costly and I suspected as was told the price comes down when repairs costs soar. I will now pass on any 'needs minor work to get it usable' machines as I already have one of those, I am still doing minor work every time I go to use it and wouldn't wish that chore to anyone else.

I am looking to upgrade from my current machine as you are aware, I am headed south to look at a unadvertised 977L, seller called me as I had left a contact number with him some years back when he had stopped using the machine very often, he has now quit using altogether and would like it gone. He made the price quote as negotiable, he also stated I can come down and work off the machine in some stockpiles and junk ground to try it out for the cost of fuel should I not buy.