• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 450 Crawler Tachometer Purchase

Timberland

Hey All, I'm wanting to replace the tachometer on my Deere 450c as mine is completely shot. I have been looking on Ebay at aftermarket Tachs and they range from $20 to $220. Anybody have experience purchasing one of these? $20 one is from India and brings back a saying from my High School Basket Ball Coach:"By Cheap Get Cheap." There are some in the $70-$120 range from U.S. Dealers. Looking for hands on experience before I purchase. Thanks

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
Your safest bet would be a Deere dealer.....I said safest, not cheapest..if you are lucky enough to find they are still available, be prepared to swap an arm or a leg for it.

Timberland

Thanks, I believe I would rather go tach-less than give my first born to Deere. I tried an aftermarket on an old ford tractor I had with good results. Was hoping someone had first hand experience with Deere aftermarket.