• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 700J

LDK

Had a new John Deere delivered this week and we are having problems with it, the dealers mechanic seems a little unsure as to what is wrong.

The blade lever works fine when the machine is not running, nice and smooth just like it should be. The problem starts when you put it to work, when angeling the blade the lever does not return, then the same happens with the lift and the tilt.
The mechanic played with it some but then it started leaking oil from around where the linkage goes into the valve block. Their are retaining rings around the linkages as they go into the valve block and they have all lifted (bent upwards) on the one side.
Has anyone out there had a similar problem and know what the answer is, I am thinking a new valve block?

bigpoppa

Occupation
Rancher,Dozer Operator
Never had that problem before,sounds like something is plumbed wrong.:beatsme . Hope you get it figured out,we have had good luck
with our 700.

planetshapers

maybe?

probably a piece of something in the hydraulic system. it could be a piece of plastic plug that was put in the ports of the valve body to block dirt and dust after it was manufactured...and a factory worker installing the valve forgot to remove it.

i have also had problems with hoses seperating internally..and creating a flap inside of itself...which can all the sudden make a valve of its own. but this usually shows up as a leak over time.

could be a poorly machined valve body...that shows up when the oil heats up. hotter oil is thinner....and harder to seal tight in a valve.
or a piece of something broke off within the hydraulic system and has lodged somewhere....cause an obstruction that is more noticeable when used.

LDK

Thank you both for the reply. The dealer has been out today and removed the valve block, they took it back to the shop to strip down and see what the deal is. Thay have also ordered a new one, which will take a while to get over here and clear customs I imagine. Will let you know what transpires.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
I ran one of those 700J's, man what a nice machine, better balanced than a CAT D6K and I loved the hydraulic system for angling the blade and leveling it off at the same time, GENIUS!!

dirthog28

John Deere 700 is a awesome machine, I use to work for a guy that had 3 of them I would take one anyday over the 450's,750 or 850 he had. Perfect machine for smaller contractor that needs one machine to do small and big projects. I'm curious to see how the new Cat D6K and Komatsu 51 does, JD 700 has been killin Cat and Komatsu with this machine