• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Junkyard's work thread.....maybe haha

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
In addition to what was said about, when you have tension on it, give a couple good hits with a hammer. Even if you can't hit the back of the pin, a good shock to the frame or pin boss can be helpful.
I'll do that. Thanks!
hugs, Brandi

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Don't see any signs of hot paint in your picture. Maybe some heat and a BFH will get that pin moving. If there's not enough clearance in between, get it moving, cut it off to make room then drive it through. A good air hammer can also be your friend once you get the pin moving.

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Stinky, No heat yet.
I just washed it to watch the pin as I hammered and pulled it the 3/16th inch it moves. The whole rod end bearing (attached to the frame) is moving with the pin and the metallic sound while hammering the pin is the whole bearing sliding over and hitting the far side ear of the cylinder.
Sooooo, that tell me the pin is froze on the swivel. I don't have a gas ax so I guess I will have to punt, or go buy a torch.
hugs, Brandi

Knepptune

A good sawzall with a Milwaukee Diablo blade would turn that pin into three pieces pretty quick. Then just knock the stuck piece out. An hr or two of saved labor will pay for a new pin pretty quick. If I couldn’t get that pin out fairly quickly I’d escalate things pretty quickly.

Another point to remember, is that it cannot be tight if it’s a liquid.

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I hear ya, but I am retired and decided today would be slow and methodical. It seems to be working. Out about 8 tenths of an inch now.Lull Slave Cylinder Junkyard Pin Puller Working.jpg

Been tapping it in and pulling it out and hammering on the top and front of the bearing mount while pulling.

I turn one bolt a hex or two and I see the whole pin pivot in the swivel. I tighten the other bolt a hex or two and the pin pivots the other way. So it looks like slow and steady is gonna win this race.

I noticed the 3/8 inch puller plate bowed a little, so I turned it over and keep going.

Also, the problem with liquid metal is I haven't been able to figure out how to reuse it.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Got the little Kubota done today. Made two service calls as well, one to the steel co for a no start on a forklift and a blown hose at the dirt pit. Not a bad days work. I have almost all the parts to go back together with their yard dog, probably do that Thursday.

Tomorrow I’ll jump on the Takeuchi from my former employer. It’s got a final drive that’s shot and another dumping it’s gear oil. It’s an older higher hour machine so we’ll see what I can do to get it functional without spending a fortune.

I’ll throw in a couple pics of the service truck. It needs a sign “under construction” lol. I need to get some steel and a few other odds and ends.

70475457132__006AE862-BFF0-4B2E-98A7-B9DEE6C3135F.jpegIMG_0778.jpegIMG_0777.jpeg

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Priced all the parts to fix that one and reseal the other, genuine Takeuchi. Any guesses? Lol. That’s all the gears, bearings and seals for the one side and seals for the other. There are aftermarket options but I generally steer clear of them unless I don’t have an option. Owner gave me a budget to repair and with labor I’m still within it by a fair chunk.

So….what’s your guess on the parts?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
How far all those little bit manage to go? Is the oil in the planetary mix with the diffs or is there a separate hyd motor for each side? Sorry to be dumb but never saw one of those up close! Guessing wheel bearings and seal too?

As for price just a wild uneducated one for parts would be $15,000.