• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hi- my name is crane operator, and I'm a toolaholic.

In my defense, they are all bigger than 1 1/4" and less than 2" in size and it was $70 for 9 of them. Mostly williams and some armstrong.

They ain't shiny chrome, but they'll turn fittings.
View attachment 284492

Toilet running/leaking? :cool:

crane operator

The same site as the hitachi with the broken cylinder- they brought the komatsu down the hill to carry the boxes to me. It didn't last the morning though- it went into limp mode and was down for the count too.

I wanted to get my crane off site before I caught some problems from them.

IMG_3669.JPG

Had to pull outrigger beam on the rt to fix some hoses.

IMG_3628.JPG

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I just had to replace the same in our master bath using the same one. :p X2 on not being a plumber either. Big pipe - check, small pipe - nope.

boaterri

Occupation
Retired Television Engineer
Hi- my name is crane operator, and I'm a toolaholic.

In my defense, they are all bigger than 1 1/4" and less than 2" in size and it was $70 for 9 of them. Mostly williams and some armstrong.

They ain't shiny chrome, but they'll turn fittings.
View attachment 284492
One of my favorite places to shop for big wrenches is Habitat for Humanity. The one near where we stay usually has a large tool department frequently with large odd size wrenches.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
In Nashville Metro they will go 5 stories with wood. Future fire traps

Not just Nashville.

5 stories wood on concrete 1st floor with multi-level garage underneath. Probably built a dozen of those here over the last several years. There is one going up a block away from a job we have downtown. Bid a couple but never go them.

They are going to have water intrusion problems on the 3 story buildings crane op posted above. The decking band is nailed straight to the plywood sheathing. Better have one hell of a flashing detail.

crane operator

I have run a set years ago, its essentially the same forks as the drywall truck, just without the rotator, and a battery powered hyd. pump with a couple batteries.

I was always going to build a set when I found someone parting out a drywall truck, and just take the fork arm and re-build it.

Its not as easy to unload drywall from a crane, because the crane swings so much worse than a drywall truck.

Natman

Yeah I've watched our local K boom guys unloading drywall, pretty amazing what they can do. Working out of level, flat boom angles, just seems wrong, from a straight boom truck perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: