• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth air tanks

ahart

Thanks craneop, thankfully my truck isn’t down so I’ve got time to check around a bit before giving up.

Vetech63

Didn't there used to be some type of sealing liquid for that? I seem to recall someone in the past putting that in a leaking air tank and running it for years afterwards. .............or am I dreaming?

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
One of the western stars needed a tank. There was a new one on a star that had been in an accident a couple years ago. They went to get it, and someone had helped themselves to it, and the other 3. I believe it was a crazy price as well. That's the good side of an oil leaking air compressor, it keeps the tanks from rusting inside.

Old Doug

This is on a truck were i work they had a truck repair shop put a pump on it so it could pull a fuel tanker trailer. They had all kinds of pin holes were they welded the end back on . I Think at the time i would fix it and try to find a tank later but that was several years ago. I ended up running a wide bead over their weld and sealing it up. This wasnt the only problem so the next truck i put the pump on. The big problem with a lot of places the out fit trucks is the mechanics have never been around a truck like their building and have no ideal how it should work. I could write a book on how i went back and made a ok set up into a good working one .

Attachments

• IMG_20231116_061930.jpg
    IMG_20231116_061930.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 17

heymccall

Half the money

Sorry, missed previous price.

ahart

That’s the tank I’m looking for, I’m pretty sure they are lying about their stock, I’ve got that tank locked down locally for $300 each, there is a 45 day lead time which I can deal with no problem.

ahart

Well 120 days later, patience or “stepping over five dollars to pick up…something” or however you want to refer to it, paid off. Got exactly the same tank kenworth was offering for $630 each for $338 each. They’re installed and fit same as factory. I’d be willing to bet they’re made right beside the kenworth ones. I’m glad I waited, the money I saved paid for the tanks (almost) with no sacrifice in quality or fit.

mekanik

Kenworth used to have an air tank that had compartments for the wet tank and secondary tank.
The dealer here in BC wanted $2500 for a replacement tank