• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kershaw tree trimmer

td25c

It's tree trimming time in my neck of the woods on the power line right of way's.Its a pretty neet unit,it uses a 2 foot diameter saw blade on the end of the boom.The cab tilts and the boom has one extendable section.They can reach about 55 feet with it and the hydraulics are fast on the boom.It uses the Duetz air colled diesel engine and the unit is made in Montgomary Alabama.It also has a nice drag winch on the rear if they get into trouble.

Attachments

• tower3 004.jpg
    tower3 004.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4,976
  • tower3 005.jpg
    tower3 005.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7,771
  • tower3 006.jpg
    tower3 006.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 3,817

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Cool! I think they call those a Giraffe around here. I'd like to have one for a few hours around my place.

td25c

Yes Orchard Ex,I've herd of the "Giraffe" unit. I think Giraffe was a brand name of the machine your talking about.They are pretty neet machines.Here is a pic of my driveway after they gave it a haircut.They do good work and I wont have to worry about ice & snow this winter killing the power due to tree limbs.And winter is just around the corner.

Attachments

• tower3 003.jpg
    tower3 003.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,308