• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kleeman 110 Z Crusher Final Conveyor Belt Shifting

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Kleeman Mobirex MR 110 Z. Serial Number: K0170023. The Final conveyor belt keeps pulling to one side. I have adjusted the belt tension from the top of the conveyor, angled the rollers, moved the whole belt frame side to side on the 2 support pins. I have dropped the entire belt frame and taken off the bottom roller. The bearings in the bottom roller look fine to me, but I am replacing them anyway. Are there any other suggestions on what may be causing this? Thank you

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Make sure none of the rungs are bent on the tail pulley, check that your belt wiper is in good order at the head pulley. Check head pulley for build up of material on the drive surface. (Especially if you are working FRAP)

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
The tail pulley rungs looks fine. Head pulley has no material stuck behind it, but the head pulleys wiper is destroyed from patches we put in the belt. Would that affect anything?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Not the wiper so much as the patches. Did you skive the belt when patching or does she have big ol pooched out swollen scars? Are we talking repaired tears from rebar or complete sections ? Can you attach a pic?

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
The machine has a brand new belt on now and it has the same problem. But this is what the old belt looked like. Multiple repairs similar to these. No section repairs, only rebar rips. upload_2022-12-1_13-44-20.jpeg

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Sorry. Tail end is the problem. No matter how much or which way we adjust the head, same problem.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
So, new belt can't be trained. Back everything up. First, measure from center of tail pulley shaft to center of head pulley shaft. Make sure both sides are equal. This could be a challenge with the electric drive in the way.
Back the head pulley off so that you can see and even turn the tail pulley. Straight edge the bars of the tail, make sure none are bent or folded over. Measure circumference of each side. There can be no difference. ⅛ to ¼ of an inch will aggravate training. Is the tail pulley centered in the conveyor frame?
Adjust head pulley take up so that the belt has droop on the bottom and has just enough tension to not slip.
Check that your belt skirting is not set too low causing a drag on the belt.
If the tail is carrying the belt to the side and you've pitched the return rollers 100% in the opposite direction, it really looks like you have a damaged tail pulley.
Sometimes in transport when they split the screen box and underscreen conveyor, they knock stuff around or tie it down too tightly instead of blocking it up.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Before I dropped the belt frame, I could see the belt frame did not appear centered in the conveyor frame. I cant remember the measurements, but it was off. I tried to compensate for that by pushing the belt frame side to side on the support pins that hold the belt frame up, but no luck. I will take more measurements today.

There also looked to be shims in between the tail pulley bearing housings and the belt frame, but no parts diagrams call for any there. I will try to send pictures later.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Those should be pillow bearings with set screws. I'm gonna bet that the dust cover popped off the roller cage. Now, along that thought, make sure the bearing hasn't failed altogether.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Both bearings look fine, nothing missing, marred or overheated looking. Slight side to side play, but they’re spherical bearings, so I assume that’s normal? The grease consistency on the side the belt pulled towards is thicker than normal and the opposite bearings grease is more watery than normal.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Ok, looking at the parts diagram, the tail pulley has a tapered locking collar to position the pulley on the shaft. Perhaps the spanner nut has backed off.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
upload_2022-12-5_8-29-2.jpegupload_2022-12-5_8-29-2.jpegThere is the nut and locking tab. You can see that the nut must have backed off. The belt was pulling to the left, this was the right side bearing. Wouldn’t it want to go to the right side if that side was loose? Also, is there a torque spec that these nuts should be torqued to?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
There's a tapered lock sleeve that the nut causes to bind on the shaft, that's what locates it. So I'm guessing you're going to want to get the belt off and center her up. Then lock that nut, but this time fold more than 1 lock tab. Good luck. Good catch