• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kleeman 110 Z Crusher Final Conveyor Belt Shifting

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
When rolling stock work slowed would end up working as extra hands for maintenance. Conveyors always took a beating. Had roughing screens fresh off crusher. A few had alternate source feeds as shot wall was prescreened. Out of five to nine conveyors always one going down mid day as tricks roll in for stone.
Haul trucks dumped into a common feed chute at top of wall, prescreen would separate crusher feed from separable sized materials. Crusher run then had its own belts to screens to stockpiles.
Rollers would fail, smoke was a good hint. Motor failures tended to be spectacular. Belting ripped, welds or transit supports would fail or buckle, corrosion a constant companion.
Always had belting leftovers for spare creepers and parts tear down benches. Always a mountain of scrap somewhere on the yard.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Lots of people, come alongs, clamps, usually a crane involved. Tension weight was always a load of fun.
Screen bars beat to a pulp, fail into the conveyor, job boss whining about changing out bolts like it was coming out of his pocket.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I take it Harrison Mine is Long Wall shallow seam, Mine to Mouth facility. Lots of conveyor to keep functional. Wash plant is break point?