• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kobelco 130

eianewb

have a couple questions on my machine. i noticed when i first bought it that when you put the safety lever down something in the hydraulics starts to lightly whine. didn't know what it was, but cought wind that this was not normal. as this is my first machine i wouldn't have known. now that it colder out, it seems to be worse, i assume cause the oil is cold and it has to work harder to pump it. everything functions correcly, nothing is at the end of the stroke, nothing tries to keep moving on its own. any thoughts on what this might be? or where to start looking for something out of the ordinary?

also, the machine is plumbed for aux hyd. i believe that it is plumbed for 2 dierectional flow by looking at the foot peddle in the cab, and comparing it to the book. in reading the book i think there should be a elec switch to run a flow control valve to get oil from both pumps which i cannot find in the cab in the usual 'extra' switch spot. when i move the peddle nothing... dont even hear the hum of it trying to move any oil. hoses dont dance or anything. what do you guys think??

thanks!!

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
hi.
in regards to the pump whining when putting down the lever lock, i would suggest that you gauge into the small pilot pump pressure test port with a 1,000 psi gauge and then at low rpm reference the pilot oil pressure. then put lever lock down and note to what pressure it drops down to and also how quickly it recovers.
also, there should be a pilot filter, usually on a mark 3 or 4 it is cleanable unless damaged then replace. check for any chunks of aluminum.
there will be some...but you do not want to see alot.
get back to me with your checks and i can explain the nibbler/breaker aux hyd and being able to select either one or two pump flows.
call and ask for me, adam, at 905-888-9070

eianewb

thanks for responding adam

i think i have just found the problem, it was the aux hyd foor pedal in the cab. it was obviously not used for a long time before i bought it. both of the spools were stuck open, so when the safety lever was put down the flow of the pilot oil went right to the main control valves, but since the aux lines were capped the oils had no where to go. i took apart the control valve and got it working again.

i see you responded to my other post as well and yes it was pretty much a repost as no one responded to this one.

i will try however to call you sometime when i get a chance to try and figure out the other aux valving and the difference in 1 or 2 pump flow and whatnot.

thanks again!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey Adam, good to see your still here...in the midst of hockey season. :drinkup