• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco 300 Travel Problems

Hdbear67

Occupation
Mechanic/Welder
I am working in a Kobelco sk 300 series IV machine and this machine will not travel. All other hydraulic functions seem to work fine.I am working on checking my pilot pressures. If anyone has seen this before, please advise. Also there are many features such as auto idle that have been by passed and I am un sure if this machines engine is reunning at full power. I was called to this machine orignally because this machine was walking uncommanded. Thanks

Chris5500

Occupation
Plant Mechanic
Check system pressure using the boom function to ensure that the Main Relief valve (MRV) is functioning correctly.

Check that the anti cavitation valves (ACV) are working correctly.

Check pilot pressure to either end of the spool to verify that the travel proportional pilot control valve (PPC valve) is working and to ensure two things:

1. That without any application to the control pedals there is a 0 bar reading on both sides of the spool, if this is the case then the spool should be in the neutral position from a hydraulic perspective.

2. That full hydraulic application pressure is being obtained as each application is made in either direction.

Remove the spool end cap and check for damage along with the main control valve body, control valve casting lands and spool lands to check for damage that can result from the spool spinning from excessive flow.

Check the travel brake for correct release and apply actuation.

Connect four gauges to the rotary joint. Apply left and right hand sides, both forward and reverse individually and record the pressures and their corresponding function to ensure the rotary joint is in working order, for example:

What you want to see:

LHF
A 310 bar
B 0 bar
C 0 bar
D 0 bar

LHR
A 0 bar
B 310 bar
C 0 bar
D 0 bar

And so on...

And an example of what you don’t want:

LHF
A 310 bar
B 310 bar
C 0 bar
D 100 bar

LHR
A 310 bar
B 310 bar
C 260 bar
D 0 bar

Hdbear67

Occupation
Mechanic/Welder
I have Been extremely busy with a few other pieces of equipment and have not been able to get bac to that excavator. The info you gave me is of great help as soon as i can check it out. Thanks By the way what prt of Aussie Land are you in?

Janni

Swivel joint manifold by passing or inside travel motor pistons went south..........
If wont travel Back or forth good luck