• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kobelco sk160

Excavator759

Occupation
excavator, demolition, site work contractor
i have a 2003 sk160 that will not blow any air out of the vents. i replaced the cabin air filter and also the screen on top of the blower motor. the blower motor is working properly, and i can see the servo actuate the different doors on the vent passages as i select them. the filters have been dirty from doing demo but never completely plugged up to this point. is it possible for the heater core and ac condensor to be plugged with dirt?? if so it will be a lot of work to remove all the electrical components on top of the heater core. it has been a bad week for this machine. the seat adjuster broke into a couple pieces and the JRB coupler got smashed by a brick and needs repaired...now all i need is some work to pay for all these parts.

eianewb

i just did all that on my 130. the elec stuff was all mounted to a steel plate held on with 2 bolts and then pulls foreward a little, then you can tip it up and hold it there with a piece of wire. your 160 may be the same??

i had one of my ducts unhooked from the vent and mice were having a hayday in the blower motor. yay. they are currently homeless, and i have a nicely cleaned and operable heater core now.

Excavator759

Occupation
excavator, demolition, site work contractor
yes i can visually see the fan moving. and from what i could tell there are several layers of all the electronics i will have to remove. not looking forward to this i was hoping there was an easier way. luckily is has been warm here and i didnt need heat this week.

eianewb

yeah, there were 2 layers to mine too, 2 bolts and it all comes out. it can be moved off to the side or just flipped up.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
this is common.
especially with demolition.
running with the cab door open, windows the air vents get pluuged up.
you will need to clean them all out.
another thing to do is locate a access hole and blow air into the area of the squirrel cage, blower motor to blow out all the builtup dust and croud.
best to remove the seat, etc... and clean out thoroughly.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
on your machine if the man flashes steady on the climate control unit it indicates that an actuator is seized or somehow prented from movement

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
another thing, once you get the air flow blowing strong its a good thing to back flush your heater core.
i have had customers remove the heater hoses at the engine connections. (two)
the parts manual will show the normal direction of coolant flow.
simply remove and funnel fresh coolant to the one and blow thru with air, funnel again, blow, repeat until clear green flows out the other hose.
the heater cores are narrow channels and could gum up.

VESPINOSA

Mr. KOBLECO, could do you send me you email address please, to vespinosa69@hotmail.com, I have some problems with a Kobelco excavator SK210LC. Thanks