• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco sk210 air filter

geneb

I have a 2008 sk 210. When I got it, the display said to change air filter. I changed them and still have the REST'D AIR FILTER symbol on the display.
It is on the display even when the engine isn't running. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
take the sensor out of the tube and carefull clean it up they have a VERY small hole in them and sometimes plug up

geneb

I thought it should have a sensor, I just didn't look hard enough. It was the electrical connections on the sensor. The manual stated that you should only have the show if the alternator is charging. Since the computer could net see the sensor, it put the filter symbol on the display.

Thanks for the help dirthog. I would not have looked further for the sensor without your help.