• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

komatsu 50uu

thebig450es

Could someone tell me specs of this machine, im going to look at it tommorow. Anyone with any experience with a 50 uu. What is the uu stand for? Thanks

Attachments

• 3n43md3pe5T45Q55Pb9a1cacf7fabfd351e81.jpg
    3n43md3pe5T45Q55Pb9a1cacf7fabfd351e81.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 3k33m63p25P65R35Sb9a1f66bef9cb5d71471.jpg
    3k33m63p25P65R35Sb9a1f66bef9cb5d71471.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,300
  • 3nb3p03o25Q85P35R09a1a81506d969df12b6.jpg
    3nb3p03o25Q85P35R09a1a81506d969df12b6.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,199

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
I think the UU signifies the knuckle boom and the near zero tailswing.

I think a 50U has just near zero tailswing and the other 'U' designates the knuckle boom as on the above machine.

The machine pictured is probably around the 5 tons/5000KG weight.

thebig450es

Well i went and bought it today lol they say its 6tons its very clean and everything is very tight, it has almost 5500hr on it but got it for $8500 total. Plus its set up for case buckets, it will have a 30in bucket on it, but i have 1,2,3 foot buckets also. I tried it out and i love the UU lol Now id just like to find some specs for it. Thanks Guys

thebig450es

well finally got it home and here are a few pics of it with the case 30 inch bucket

Attachments

• PC50uu1.jpg
    PC50uu1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,102
  • PC50uu1-a.jpg
    PC50uu1-a.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,098

thebig450es

Its sweet, it can really hold alot of material, ive had it piled up all the way out and it does a great job, and even had it full of rock. Ive only played with it for a few hours, it can really push with the blade. What is the general rule when digging, over the drive motor or the sproket?

strott

Occupation
Usually having the blade at the front is helpfull (especially with smaller minis, less so of an issue with yours) as it provides stability and can prevent the machine dragging itself forward when hard digging.

With my minis I tend to dig accross all areas of the undercarriage - over track motor, over sprocket, accross tracks. diagonaly e.t.c. - which way depends on what is required on the job site e.g. if I need to create a slope I will dig accross the tracks using the blade to lift/tilt the machine to the required angle.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Usually having the blade at the front is helpfull (especially with smaller minis, less so of an issue with yours) as it provides stability and can prevent the machine dragging itself forward when hard digging.

With my minis I tend to dig accross all areas of the undercarriage - over track motor, over sprocket, accross tracks. diagonaly e.t.c. - which way depends on what is required on the job site e.g. if I need to create a slope I will dig accross the tracks using the blade to lift/tilt the machine to the required angle.

Ditto: I personally put zero stock in the harm done in digging over the finals. The machine spins 360 and I use whatever portion of that I need to get the job done.

thebig450es

Ive just heard ppl say you shouldn't do this or that when digging. I've always thought if they made it to go 360 degrees then you should be able to dig 360. I use the blade all the time, to level or just alittle more stability.

strott

Occupation
Lets face it if the undercarriage and track motors are powerful and durable enough to allow the machine to be used as dozer e.t.c then what harm can be caused by digging throughout all degrees of motion!?!?

As you say use the machine as required just be mechanically sympathetic whilst doing so!!

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
Is that bucket actually 30" wide. Not dis-agreeing just doesn't seem that wide (probably just the picture).

thebig450es

I have yet to find any specs on the functions of the machine, im not trying to beat the machine, i could have bumped the throttle agood bit. Yeah its a 30 lol

nobull1

Charter Member
Occupation
Same as interests
With my mini I am running wide open 90% of the time. Any slower and boredom sets in and that's when your eyes start to wonder and accidents happen. With your machine I am sure wide open isn't needed 90% of the time. I would use just the throttle needed to do the job. I have owned my Kubota mini for over five years and am the only person to use it and it shows. Everyone comments on how good the machine looks for the age. The best thing to do is don't lend your machine to anybody. I tell people it is x dollars to rent and double if I don't run it myself. About a month ago I seen a older Kubota excavator with a bent boom and cylinder. The price to repair was around $8000.00, and that was repaired not replaced parts.

I try to not work over the finals, if possible, but when it is required I don't think twice about doing it.

thebig450es

This was my first time running the machine so i was keeping it slow, to learn it. I like your rule of thumb on renting it out i'll keep that in mind.