• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC15 mr-1 Hydraulics? track weak

Muskoka_Dan

Picked up a PC15mr-1 from an auction that apparently someone had spend a lot of money on with poor results - there is about 4500hrs. on the machine. When I bought it a month ago the bucket would not curl correctly and there were a couple of massive hydraulic leaks, not charging and other small items. The guy that was onsite that helped us load the machine said "the previous owner spent about $8000 Canadian on the the machine and gave up on it".

I have found and repaired the worst of the oil leaks - with investigation found a two hydraulic lines on the main block were swapped - when I reversed them - YAY - bucket curls and all other functions working.

I have served most of the filters and oil change - the engine runs excellent - no issues.

The issues I am having after working the machine a couple of weeks are:

1. the track power is very weak - it will not turn well - I have to work it. It also lacks power for track movement up hills or pushing power (with blade)

2. when I lift the machine and use the function to move the tracks closer together (it has adjustable width) - when I then work the machine the width creeps out again - so there is something wrong - it will not hold the narrow width... wondering if once again there is a hydraulic line mis-installed. I am guessing someone rebuilt the hydraulics and did a poor job re-installing ....

I do have a couple of manual that I have downloaded off the internet - but any help appreciated...

Best Regards,
Dan
Muskoka - Ontario Canada